The job description below is for information purposes only – it is not a job posting.
Part time Special Constable - Court Security*
Hours of work and hourly rate:
Variable hours between
Starting at $26.206 /hr + 14% (in lieu of benefits) + 4% (vacation pay) = $30.923 /hr.
· accountable for the care, control, and transportation of prisoners
· monitor cells
· conduct searches of facilities and prisoners, as required
· complete relevant paperwork (e.g. Records of Arrest)
· transport prisoners between courts, detention centres, and holding areas (this could include out-of-town, and out-of-province prisoner escorts)
Special Constable - Custody (Division #1)
Hours of work and rate of pay:
8- and 12-hour rotating shifts
see Court Security for hourly rate
· Assist Duty Officers to prepare arrest notices, booking, searching, lodging and releasing prisoners
· conduct visual inspections of holding cells, monitor security cameras, and alarm panels
· prepare a variety of documents
· maintain daily notebooks
· issue keys and pass cards to authorized personnel
· log and maintain prisoner property
· respond to a variety of public and police inquiries (in person, by telephone, facsimile, the Canadian Police Information Centre and electronic mail).
All full-time and part-time Civilian and Police Cadet vacancies at the Hamilton Police Service will be posted on the City of Hamilton website as they become available.
If you are interested in applying for a Civilian or Cadet position with the Hamilton Police Service, visit the City of Hamilton Careers web page at: http://www.hamilton.ca/CityServices/Careers, and apply to job postings as they become available.
We are no longer accepting unsolicited applications, non-electronic applications, mailed-in applications, and walk-in applications for Civilian or Police Cadet vacancies at any of our locations.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for testing and/or an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or e-mails please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to all applicants.