The Hamilton Police Service auxiliary is made up of civilian volunteers who help police constables in the course of their duties. As an Auxiliary member, you will serve in uniform and will be called upon to perform such tasks as community-based crime prevention, ground searches for missing persons, or patrol duties in community events like parades and fairs.
Auxiliary members are required to volunteer a minimum of 12 hours of duty per month and attend mandatory training.
To become an Auxiliary member you must:
· Be a Canadian Citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
· Be at least 18 years of age.
· Be physically and mentally able to perform the duties of the position.
· Be prepared to take an Oath / Affirmation of Office and Secrecy.
· Be prepared to make a two-year commitment.
· Be of good moral character.
· Successfully complete the Hamilton Police Service application process.
· Successfully complete Physical Readiness Evaluation for Police Test (PREP)
To apply to the Hamilton Police Auxiliary Branch, you must first be a Community Policing Centre volunteer.